The Executive Committee of the IJA is delighted to announce the establishment of a New Development Commission which will be chaired by Sylvia O’Flynn.
The remit of the commission will be as follows:
- Work with the IJA Office to support Clubs and Coaches with Compliance related queries (Safeguarding, Vetting, professional qualifications)
- Work with the IJA Office to identify and support grass roots grant and funding applications for clubs from local authorities and other funding sources
- Support Provincial Representatives and Academies in regional development activities
- Work with the IJA Office, Regional Coach Developers and the Provincial Councils to organise suitable training courses and CPD activities.
- Develop a strategic club support framework to offer assistance to clubs reporting less than 20 total members in terms of recruitment, marketing and compliance matters
- Work with all IJA commissions and the Executive Committee to develop ideas that promote, improve and expand our sport
- Help to develop a Judo handbook for clubs and players
Sylvia is a member of Knocknacarra Judo Club and we are delighted that she has taken up this role and look forward to working with her in the future.
Contact Details are : Sylvia.firstname.lastname@example.org